Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Portfolio Quality Work

I approached Amazing Adventure as a short film that needs to meet deadlines, rather than a collection of portfolio shots. So while I put a lot of work and effort into each shot of the short, I don't believe that the quality of animation is an accurate representation of my best work. Other than the time issue, because I am novice rigger, my rigs cannot perform at a professional quality, because I am limited by what the rigs can and cannot do. So while my animation cannot be full polish, highest quality work, I did learn from my teachers that parts of my thesis can still be put on my portfolio.

Depending on the studio, some places look more for creative ideas rather than complete, professional shots. These places want to know that their animators can have creative ideas, and that a few lapses in technical perfection can be taught on the job. For places like these, I can totally use my short, because if it is anything it is personality and fun ideas. So I get to use parts of my short for some reels, and this makes me pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment