Friday, April 25, 2014

Fun Facts 2

More fun facts!

-The opening text is a play on the opening of Bad Dudes for the NES. In it, the text asks if you are '...a bad enough dude to save the president?' So I made it about a princess and changed it to badass. I've actually never played this game myself, but I have always loved this opening.

-Captain Kid's outfit is based on an old aviator outfit. I just liked the idea of an aviator, and it went along with the 'Captain' in his name because he could be the captain of an aircraft.

-Kid also used to have a goatee and a taller head in the original boards. These were scrapped when I decided to make him younger in appearance.

-There was a tag on the credits for a bit where Jeff and the princess were on a couch with their baby, this weird mess of blocky and organic. This was pitched to me by a teacher at the school. I thought it was funny, but ultimately canned it  because it didn't fit the rest of the short.

-One of the reasons I put Jeff's eyes on his glasses was because I didn't want to animate his eyes around the frames.

-The name of the game console Jeff is playing is the Wonderfun. The name came from Einar, my concept artist.

And that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment