Saturday, March 1, 2014

Killing Some Babies

The animation is pretty much done on the short, but I still get critiques on little changes to polish the animation more and more. Many of these critiques involve simply cutting frames in post to speed up actions in the animation. I find myself starting to debate some of these changes, despite seeing the results and agreeing that they make the animation better. This is because I am thinking beyond the animation; how the shot fits in sequence, how long it will take to document what frames I cut, and how changing the shot length can affect the work of my audio engineer currently working on the short.

A teacher said that I should just listen to him and make the changes; that I have looked at the project for so long that I am getting too attached to it. And you know what? He's right. If cutting a few frames here and there make the short better, I should be willing to change them. And that's what I'm going to do.
I just hope my audio guy doesn't get too mad at me...

No comments:

Post a Comment