Being able to take a break from school is nice. Especially after you spend the last month of class trying to convince many incompetent people that you have a good idea for a project. Although I didn't originally intend it to be this way, Amazing Adventure has a lot of myself in it, both as a person and as a filmmaker. So it's emotionally draining to hear people say that you have a 'bad' idea. That being said, I persevered and got the project approved, so coming back from Christmas vacation I was ready to dive into finally making this thing I've been prepping for nine months.
Or so I thought.
Funny thing about vacation is, you get into one of these lazy mindsets. And once I came back, I just could not get out of this mindset. Too many times I said 'Eh, I can do it tomorrow.' Rinse and repeat, and all of a sudden school was starting. I think my laziness was because I don't have immediate deadlines for this thing. Knowing something is due a year and a half from now is completely different than something due at the end of the week.
School was just the kick in the pants I needed to realize 'Oh shit! I'm wasting time!' and get some stuff done on my project. Having a regular schedule other than wake up, goof off, sleep, repeat, has helped me to be motivated to get stuff done during the week, and my productivity has increased a lot since school started. So while I am making good progress, I am largely playing catch up to where I should be at this point in production. But I imagine most productions are always catching up in some areas.
I've been largely working on my sets, which I am building by creating many small pieces (props, trees, clouds, ground tiles, etc) and then using them like Lego pieces to construct my many sets. At this point I have several sets modeled and almost all the pieces to build all the others. I need to make sure to finish these soon or I will be getting so far behind that other areas of production that are more important to me (like animation) may start to suffer for it. IT'S TIME TO GET SHIT DONE, BABY!!
In my next posts, I'm probably gonna talk about the wonderful nature of helpful friends and the happy distraction of girlfriends.
No comments:
Post a Comment